CT Highway Use Fee Now In Effect. Click Here And Read More
About Us
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration has recently announced that any motor carrier that transports "internal combustion engines, self propelled vehicles, mechanical equipment containing internal combustion engines and battery powered vehicles or equipment" shall be defined as a Haz Mat carrier. This applies to all types of carrier operations, including but not limited to household goods movers and auto transporters.

As a result, any motor carrier falling into this reclassification must maintain a minimum of $1 million of auto liability insurance. In addition, all reclassified carriers must update their MCS 150 and op-1 (USDOT # application and operating authority). The haz mat regs provide an exception to transporters of vehicles and equipment from the haz mat requirements of marking, labeling and shipping papers but does not extend the exemption to insurance requirements. In order to upgrade your insurance and operating authority to HM specifications you must contact your insurance agent and have them rewrite your liability insurance to $1 million in coverage. Once you have requested the higher liability insurance limit from your insurance company (or if you already have $1 million in liability insurance) you can have Permits Plus Inc upgrade your MCS-150 and OP-1 by completing our online Haz Mat Carrier upgrade.
Our Nationwide Truck Permit Offices
Permits Plus Inc.
P.O. Box 557
8128 Lee Hwy
Troutville, Virginia 24175-0557
Fax (540) 966-2175
New York
Permits Plus Inc.
999-32 Montauk Hwy #416
Shirley, NY 11967
Fax (631) 722-4541
View Privacy Policy
Copyright 1997 - 2023 Permits Plus Inc. All rights reserved